Kyle picked up very quickly on a complex business model and ran with it. His attention to detail and priorities are always on point. His interpersonal skills are mature beyond his years, and he knows how to communicate effectively and efficiently to a wide variety of personalities. His dedication and zealous fervor were very much appreciated by his peers.
On January 8, 2018 I began as a Marketing Assistant at Broadway Across America at the John Gore Organization. Within The John Gore Organization, which is the parent company for BAA, Broadway.com, and much more. In January, I learned that I would be the assistant for all things marketing in six cities across the country: Orlando, Dallas, Salt Lake City, Fresno, Boise, and Albuquerque.
As a Marketing Assistant, I work with both the NYC teams and the teams in each individual city to ensure that the plates keep spinning to allow shows go off without a hitch. Hidden in that showy sentence are very full, but VERY rewarding days.
Being a Marketing Assistant has taught me a lot of things about the industry. It’s also taught me a LOT aboout organization, prioritization, COMMUNICATION, and confidence in decision making. It’s nearly impossible to summarize the day-to-day occurrences of this position. No two days look the same.
From an individual market standpoint, I do any and all of the following.
- Co-build advertising plans for each of my markets.
- Dictate copy, design, and messaging for all email marketing to designers for each of my markets.
- Dictate the look for all season print materials (most notably renewal brochures and season ticket books) ensuring that the shows, legal teams, and local teams are all in agreement.
- Work with graphic designers for season and show digital campaign banners, traffic them in Doubleclick and basis, and oversee campaign performance.
- Oversee Accounts Payable for all 44 Broadway Across America markets and ensure that vendor payments are made on time.
- Dictate the look for local print ads, FOH art, etc. for all markets, managing market and show expectations.
In addition, Broadway Across America has a Travel team that puts together show packages for people across the country, I put together e-blasts, dictate website changes/creative direction and suggest and help write copy for that team.
The cherry on top for me is that I get to handle all social media for RENT, as well as making sure that both the website and marketing materials site stay current and interesting.